Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blog Day 2!

So I've really been busy today and I realize I will need a system for this blog just like the system I am starting for the garden. I would like to post every day pictures of something and then Mon, Wed, and Fri post some of the information I've researched. I think I could write months of stuff right now since I've been at it a few months. So seeing as how it is Thursday I guess I will show you some picks of the garden and of the manatees and dolphins that have been swimming around in the river of my backyard.
From Animals
From garden
From garden


Also today I bought and planted a bunch of new things :(  I am spending too much these days on my new addiction so I will be learning alot more on how to do this on the cheap. Gazanias, Angelica, and something that looked like chamomile or a mini daisy....it was cute :/
From garden
I also bought a bunch of new seeds!  Onions (Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo), Catnip Radishes (Cherry Bell), Chamomile (German), Zinnias (Giant Violet Queen) and Zinnias (Giant Double, Mixed Colors)
From garden

I also forgot to mention some other things I am already growing.... Bananas and Gandules (which are Pigeon Peas). I don't know what brand of pigeon peas they are - I got them from a neighbor and they have already sprouted in just 7 days!
From garden
From garden
I also pulled some carrots and have some picks of some lettuce crops and since this is the best part of growing - SEEING what you've grown followed by eating it I figured I would show some pics. The carrots are purple because they are an heirloom variety and at one time all carrots were purple and we bred the orange inside to replace the purple outside. Crazy! 
From garden
From garden
Just so everyone can see my full little, mini-garden (minus the gandules and bananas) I took a bunch of pictures and put them all together.
From garden
I just put the black border up because our lawn guy came and almost took out my onion patch and squash! and COVERED my seedlings in junky grass leftovers! I found the black border lying around - so at least I didn't have to buy it - PLUS now I can think about what else I am going to put in the ground since the border is bigger than my current plot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment